Property & Casualty, General Liability & Umbrella
We provide complete insurance coverage customized to meet nonprofit needs and a nonprofit budget.
The average insurance company issues their package policy on the industry-standard ISO form. We consider the ISO to be inadequate for the coverage concerns of nonprofits, so we developed our own insurance policy forms that offer broader, more inclusive, broad coverage to our clients. We are the experts when it comes to underwriting nonprofits.
First Nonprofit® offers a comprehensive portfolio of tailored products that satisfy the needs of a wide fast-growing spectrum of nonprofit and charitable organizations. Request a quote online or call 312.715.3049 to speak with a First Nonprofit® representative.
Nonprofit Package Policy Highlights
Covers buildings and personal property within buildings, including improvements and betterments. Minimum annual package premium is $500 depending on the coverage selected.
- Loss valuation options include Replacement Cost, Actual Cash Value, and Functional Value
- Blanket coverage available for buildings and contents
- Standard extensions and sublimits include
- Accounts receivable $50,000 limit. Higher limits can be purchased.
- Valuable information and records cost of research $50,000 limit per location
- Animals $25,000 each location and $10,000 any one animal
- Building glass breakage
- Extra expense $10,000 limit (higher limits can be purchased)
- Fences, walks, and outbuildings $25,000 per loss
- Outdoor swimming pools included
- Personal effects and property of others $5,000 limit per person subject to a $30,000 per occurrence maximum
- Flood and sewer backup $100,000 policy limit
- Earth movement and volcanic eruption $10,000 limit per loss for all locations damaged
- Fire department service charge included without sublimit
- Fire Extinguisher Recharge included without sublimit
- Newly acquired or constructed property coverage applies for 90 days (Building $500,000 and contents $100,000)
- Fungus or bacteria $50,000 limit
- Off-premises personal property $10,000 limit
- Trees, lawns, plants, and shrubs included named-peril coverage (no wind) at $1,500 per plant and up to $25,000 per location
- Building damage included to repair water or steam system or appliance which has caused water damage
Covers equipment breakdown. Seamlessly integrates Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company®’s Equipment Breakdown policy into First Nonprofit’s Package policy.
- Equipment breakdown includes mechanical breakdown; artificially generated electric current; explosion; and internal conditions of steam boilers, hot water, and equipment
- Covered equipment includes property used to generate, transmit, or utilize energy or vacuum pressure
- Covers costs to make temporary repairs or rent equipment needed to limit loss and speed business restoration
- Spoilage of food due to equipment breakdown included
- Inspection of boilers and pressure vessels included
- Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company will do all field inspections and loss adjustments
Income Protection & Extra Expense Coverage
Covers loss of income and extra expense due to the necessary suspension of operations (or increased cost of continued service) during the period of restoration
Coverages computer equipment, software, data, loss of income, and extra expense.
- Up to 125% of computer equipment replacement cost
- Unnamed locations coverage $2,500 computers and $1,000 electronic data and media
- Mysterious disappearance included
- Payment for loss due to employee dishonesty
- Payment for loss due to forgery or alteration of checks, drafts, and other covered instruments
- Payment for loss due to money and securities, including in the custody of a messenger
Standard limits are $1 million per occurrence and $3 million aggregate for most liability coverages in most states.
- Legal liability for bodily injury and property damage arising from insured’s operations. Occurrence and claims-made forms available.
- Definition of “insured” includes employees, members, volunteers, trustees, board members, clergy, and deacons
- Corporal punishment included by restriction of intentional acts exclusion
- Host liquor liability
- Personal and advertising injury liability
- Fire and water damage legal liability
- Medical payments for injuries on insured’s premises
- Coverage includes special events and fundraisers
Sexual Abuse Liability
Covers legal liability for sexual abuse or sexual molestation. Occurrence and claims-made forms available.
- Includes infliction of physical, emotional, or psychological harm resulting from physical, visual, or audible conduct
Social Work, Foster Care & Counseling Liability
Covers legal liability for social work, foster care, pastoral, and counseling. Occurrence and claims-made forms available.
- Definition of “insured” includes clergy and deacons
- Professional liability occurrences are defined to include acts, errors, or omissions arising out of rendering or failure to render social work, including foster care services and personal counseling services
- Teachers professional liability available by endorsement
Non-owned & Hired Auto Liability
Covers legal liability for non-owned, borrowed, and hired cars used in the operations of the insured.
- Hired physical damage available by endorsement
Covers legal liability for professional medical/healthcare services during the policy period. Occurrence and claims-made forms available.
- Physical therapy and massage therapy available by endorsement
- Vicarious coverage for the named insured
- Does not cover medical doctors
Payments are set at $5,000 each person; $25,000 each occurrence; and $75,000 policy year annual aggregate. Payments of medical expenses of injuries on insured’s premises during the policy period. Occurrence and claims-made forms available.
- Paid without regard to the insured’s legal liability
- Not applicable to employees, tenants and occupants, hired workers, or participants in athletics. Athletic participant exclusion may be removed by endorsement for some classes of business.
- Does not exclude clients, students, campers, or members
- Increased limits available
Employee Benefit Administration Liability
Covers legal liability for administration of employee benefit programs. Administration includes counseling, interpretation, records management and enrollment, and termination or cancellation in employee benefit plans, but does not include management, governance, oversight, or investment outcome.
Umbrella Policy Highlights
- Limits up to $10 million
- Defense costs in addition to limit of liability
Increased limits are available for many coverages. Refer to policy form for definitions, conditions, and additional details.